Mediagraphy - Discography - Trackography - Videography - Gigography - Biography - Chronology

30 January 2010

The Genius Sings The Blues (1961)

  1. Early In The Mornin'
  2. Hard Times (No One Knows Better Than I)
  3. The Midnight Hour
  4. (Night Time Is) The Right Time
  5. Feelin' Sad
  6. Ray's Blues
  7. I'm Movin' On
  8. I Believe To My Soul
  9. Nobody Cares
  10. Mr. Charles' Blues
  11. Some Day Baby (Worried Life Blues)
  12. I Wonder Who (Ray's Blues)
This elpee was released by Atlantic as one of its cash-in albums after Ray split to ABC, but it ended up as one of Charles' best known compilations. From his first session with Atlantic to his last, this compilation showcased Ray Charles stylistic development as an artist, with a combination of piano blues, jazz, R&B, and (on I'm Movin' On) a first touch of C&W.

Atlantic 8052, September 1961 (1952 - 1959).




No comments :

Post a Comment