Mediagraphy - Discography - Trackography - Videography - Gigography - Biography - Chronology

07 February 2010

I'm All Yours Baby (1969)

  1. Yours
  2. I Didn't Know What Time It Was
  3. Love Is Here To Stay
  4. Memories Of You
  5. Till The End Of Time
  6. I Had The Craziest Dream
  7. Someday
  8. Indian Love Call
  9. I Dream Of You (More Than You Dream I Do)
  10. Gloomy Sunday
    The corny LP cover and the liner notes promised romance. Ray and Sid Feller used old ballads and lots of strings for the album's seduction sequences.
    Recorded at RPM. ABC/Tangerine 675, February 1969.

    Gloomy Sunday (#10) was recorded in February 1968, possibly with Carol Kaye on bass.

    Gossip king Bill Lane wrote in the Sacramento Observer (May 1, 1969): "A lot of the Soul Sisters are a little angered over the picture on the cover of Ray Charles' latest album, I'm All Yours Baby. Some of them are saying, 'Why didn't they use a black woman... up all sexy with him like that!' Ironically, in a soul session one night I heard it run down like this: 'Yeah - she shoulda been more his color'. Another chick: 'Honey, I know that woman. She's one of us!' Another: 'Even if she is, she shoulda been blacker'. Still another: 'Who cares! To Ray all of 'em are the same anyway!' How can a black man win?"









    No comments :

    Post a Comment