Mediagraphy - Discography - Trackography - Videography - Gigography - Biography - Chronology

23 June 2010

Austin City Limits: Ray Charles (1984)



Photos by Scott Newton.
On 20 January 1984 Ray Charles, the orchestra and The Raelettes appeared live for the second time on the ACL stage (season 9, second show) for a mini concert. Ray, his band and the girls delivered the tunes routinely, without any (good or bad) surprises.
In the second part of the TV show country singer Lee Greenwood performed.

Ray's setlist was:
  1. Riding Thumb
  2. Georgia On My Mind
  3. Busted
  4. Then I'll Be Over You [partial, intro to #5]
  5. I Can't Stop Loving You
  6. 3/4 Time
  7. Born To Love Me
  8. What'd I Say
A few sentences from the Do I Ever Cross Your Mind-album song Then I'll Be Over You formed the intro to I Can't Stop Loving You.
For his first ACL show, watch this. Source: here.

Riding Thumb:

Busted:



[I'll Be Over You +] I Can't Stop Loving You


What'd I Say, recorded from tv screen:


What'd I Say (soundclip):

No comments :

Post a Comment