Mediagraphy - Discography - Trackography - Videography - Gigography - Biography - Chronology

01 December 2011

Ray Charles Live In Stockholm (1973)

On 2 October 1973 the Ray Charles troupe played a concert in Stockholm. In an earlier version of this article I reported on a partial recording (possibly originating from a radio broadcast) of six of the tunes that were performed during this  show, but I have now listened to a complete tape:
  1. Intro
  2. Let The Good Times Roll
  3. Georgia On My Mind
  4. The Bright Lights And You Girl
  5. The Long And Winding Road
  6. Feel So Bad
  7. Come Live With Me
  8. Introduction Raelettes
  9. Look What They've Done To My Song, Ma
  10. Don't Change On Me
  11. I Can't Stop Loving You (intro: Don't Change On Me)
  12. Wee Baby Blues
  13. What'd I Say (intro: So Soon) (with John Henderson)
#11, I Can't Stop Loving You, got a long and attractive, gospel-ish intro with some verses from the Don't Change On Me lyrics. Keyboardist John Henderson also filled in some backing vocals, together with the Raelettes on #9. Track #7, Wee Baby Blues, is the only known (slooooow) Ray Charles recording of this Joe Turner/Pete Johnson tune (see below, from YouTube, in a 1965 taping). The show's final (#13, What'd I Say), typically for almost all documented 1972 and 1973 concerts, got a long So Soon intro, with John Henderson (in my tape copy the song was faded out before it ended).

Wee Baby Blues:

1 comment :

  1. Three others songs:
    Look what have they done to my song
    i can't stop loving you
    what d'i say

    regards
    andre monnot

    ReplyDelete